Re: Enabling NUMA in BIOS stop booting FreeBSD

From: A. Wilcox <AWilcox_at_Wilcox-Tech.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:20:33 -0600

>>> still need test patch? if yes, with BIOS options?
>> Yes, please test the patch.  I explained the procedure above.
>
> sorry, i don't know 'frob'.
> what exactly options combination I need test and what about memory test?

The idea is that when rebooting, stale memory contents remain, but are
corrupted due to interleave.

"Frob" basically means "mess with".  So apply patch, test kernel,
reboot, change NUMA option, reboot again, see if it works, and so on.
Basically repeat your test with the NUMA=on interleave=on, NUMA=off
interleave=on, etc etc.

hth,
--arw

--