Re: [RFC/RFT] projects/ipsec

From: Olivier Cochard-Labbé <olivier_at_cochard.me>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 14:45:28 +0100
On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM, Andrey V. Elsukov <ae_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am pleased to announce that projects/ipsec, that I started several
> months ago is ready for testing and review.
> The main goals were:
>   * rework locking to make IPsec code more friendly for concurrent
>     processing;
>   * make lookup in SADB/SPDB faster;
>   * revise PFKEY implementation, remove stale code, make it closer
>     to RFC;
>   * implement IPsec VTI (virtual tunneling interface);
>   * make IPsec code loadable as kernel module.

​I've got a very simple configuration (static key),but I like the
performance improvement brings by projects/ipsec :-)

A simple packet-per-second using null encryption should be enough for
benching the improvement, but my IPSec lab (using Equilibrium methodology)
did a little more.

https://github.com/ocochard/netbenches/blob/master/AMD_GX-
412TC_4Cores_Intel_i210AT/ipsec/results/fbsd12.projects-
ipsec.equilibrium/graph.png

Thanks for your work!

Olivier