Re: A quick question

From: Dave Cottlehuber <dch_at_skunkwerks.at>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 11:37:34 +0100
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016, at 10:07, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am on a Macbook pro 11,3 and I wanted to start trying to help sort out
> some problems that might be too small for the overall team but might help
> others in the future.

\o/ there are a few of us about, I'm using a MacBookPro 11,2.

> Anyways I am on 12-CURRENT but when I installed from the USB stick I
> didn't
> check the docs and 32 bit binaries.
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head /usr/src
> svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports
> svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/doc/head /usr/doc
>
> once I do the above steps, do I have to rebuild the entire world?
> Currently
> all I am missing is the 32 bit binaries, could I just rebuild those
> instead
> of building the entire system?
>

> Best,
> Owen

Hi Owen

You probably only need to unpack
http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/amd64/12.0-CURRENT/*.txz ;
I'm assuming this snapshot is still from the same date as your
installer. If your USB stick has the txz on it, then you can extract
them from there as well. Something like

tar -xf docs.txz -C /

is probably all you need. NB not tested, viz xkcd.com/1168

A+
Dave