Re: [RFC/RFT] projects/ipsec

From: Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:10:02 +0300
On 27.12.2016 16:15, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> In it's initial state if_ipsec allows to use only one set of
>> encryption parameters (because only one sainfo anonyumous is
>> possible), so at this time it doesn't allow to create multiple
>> tunnels with VPN hubs that use different cipers and/or transform
>> sets, but as far as I understand this is subject to change and
>> Andrey is already working on a support of this feature from
>> ipsec-tools IKE daemon.
>
> pfSense (which you mention below) is using strongswan, so when
> Andrey is finished with ipsec-tools, we will need to review his
> changes and see what we can do for strongswan.
>
> I'm looking forward to the mutliple-tunnel support, which is
> required for pfSense.

There are no such limits. You can create multiple VTI interfaces.
The problem is in with racoon configuration restrictions. It looks like
ipsec-tools project is dead, I didn't received any replies from
ipsec-tools-devel mailing list.

I'm not aware how to configure strongswan, so if someone will not try to
do this, I don't know when I will do this.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov