Re: Requesting MFC's

From: Kubilay Kocak <koobs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:15:47 +1100
On 4/02/2016 1:32 PM, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> All,
>
> What is the correct way to request that patches be committed to STABLE?
> In particular, I'd really like to see these in 10.3-RELEASE as they have
> been required to build a working firewall in some cases. All are related
> to problems that were fixed in HEAD, but never MFC'd ...
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=264915
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=272695
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=288529

1) Create an issue in Bugzilla for it
  a) Assigned to original committer
  b) Set mfc-stableX flag to?

Committer can then set mfc-stableX flag to + when done, or set it to -
with comment about why not/invalid/inappropriate

If a branch is in feature freeze, issues should either:

- Have re_at_ CC'd so they can be informed of the request
- Have maintainer-approval ? re_at_FreeBSD.org set so that the release
engineering team can approve/deny changes

This is also the recommended method for changes that already have
bugzilla issues created for them.