Re: arp flapping after udating system to 11-CURRENT.

From: Roger Marquis <marquis_at_roble.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 15:43:05 -0800
Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
>> It seems to be flapping between the virtual mac of my bridge interface
>> and the actual mac adress on the physical interface. This was not the
>> case when i ran FreeBSD 10.2. Is there some settings I need to do?

While the documentation says you should assign an IP to the bridge it is probably
not a good idea, code aside, since bridges are layer 2 devices and IPs are
layer 3.

Haven't seen this issue while testing if_bridge/epair under 11-CURRENT but also
have not been assigning IPs to bridges, only to bridge members.

Roger Marquis