Re: Realtek MMC/MMCSD reader?

From: Lundberg, Johannes <johannes_at_brilliantservice.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 21:26:08 -0800
I'm also newbie and I'm working on adding a sdhci_acpi driver for Intel's
Atom SoC. I wonder if your device would work with the existing sdhci_pci
driver. Maybe it just a matter of adding the device id and possibly setting
some quirks or you might have to write a new driver for the host
controller? For me it's a bit tricky because I have to communicate with the
card using GPIO before it can be detected.

There is a driver in FreeBSD for reading and writing to a mmc so maybe it
is just a matter of connecting that to the controller.

Searching the Linux source for the device id to see if there is a driver is
a good idea.

For FreeBSD source check

sys/dev/mmc/
sys/dev/sdhci/

There is also a ongoing project to rewrite mmc to use cam. Maybe good idea
to check that as well.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/SDIO

On Friday, February 19, 2016, Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org> wrote:

> On 2016-02-19 22:25, Gary Corcoran wrote:

>>> I'm not sure I can do that working for Nokia during the day
>>> as I do.
>>>
>>> I'd love for one of the current folks that do realtek stuff to look.
>>>
>> Sometimes people look to see if Linux has a driver, and if so, you
>> might be able to get enough
>> programming info from their driver to be able to write a FreeBSD
>> driver, without getting the
>> full chip specs.
>>
>> Gary
>>

> http://askubuntu.com/questions/731093/sd-card-reader-realtek-522a-not-working-in-dell-i7559-in-ubuntu-15-10
>
> I'm still VERY much a newbie (like ZERO experience) writing drivers.
>
> Does anyone want to help?
>
> I'm more than willing to guinea pig stuff.
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler_at_lerctr.org
> US Mail: 7011 W Parmer Ln, Apt 1115, Austin, TX 78729-6961

Name:     Johannes Lundberg
Position: Mirama project leader
Phone:    +1-408-636-2161
Skype:    brilliantjohannes
Online:   LinkedIn <http://jp.linkedin.com/in/lundbergjohannes> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/miramaone> Reddit
<https://www.reddit.com/user/yohanesu75/> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Yohanesu75Tweet> GitHub <https://github.com/yohanesu75>
GitLab <https://gitlab.com/u/johannes_lundberg>
Company:  Mirama <http://mira.ma> Brilliantservice US
<http://www.brilliantserviceusa.com> Brilliantservice JP
<http://www.brilliantservice.co.jp>

--
秘密保持について:この電子メールは、名宛人に送信したものであり、秘匿特権の対象となる情報を含んでいます。