Re: new computer, strange usb messages at boot

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 14:43:47 +0100
On 02/21/16 14:33, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> If you ask me, something is just seriously broken in the way the xhci
> driver works on Haswell or higher Intel CPUs.  For example, on an
> embedded Haswell box with USB3 ports:

Hi,

Nothing is seriously broken in the XHCI driver. Try to set:

hw.usb.xhci.xhci_port_route=0

Which will route all devices to the EHCI, in your /boot/loader.conf

Does it make any difference?

Refer to the following print:
 > xhci0: Port routing mask set to 0xffffffff

The chipset you're using is special in that the binding of ports between
XHCI and EHCI is not fixed. Maybe some combinations are simply not
supported.

--HPS