Touchscreen support (was Re: new computer, strange usb messages at boot)

From: Anthony Jenkins <Scoobi_doo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:39:12 -0500
On 02/22/2016 02:11 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 02/22/16 03:16, Anthony Jenkins wrote:
>> Yes.  I have an eGalax touchscreen and it's doing the same thing. The
>> number of items it's reporting is 256 (according to my preliminary
>> debugging), causing the warning.  I think these things are a special
>> subclass of HID for multitouch touchscreens which we don't support
>> (yet).
>
> /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd will most likely attach if invoked
> manually, to this device and provide an event device for you!
>
> --HPS

Okay that's /amazing/, and not at all intuitive!  I mean I'd expect
multimedia/webcamd to only attach to "video" devices, but lo and behold
I get a /dev/input/event0 device which spits out gibberish when
cat(1)'ed and I touch the screen!

My intentions were to port Linux's hid-multitouch device in whole to
FreeBSD (it's what attaches to my eGalax device and probably to OP's
touchscreen device) and add support for the device to moused(8), but
it's not very high on my priority list...

--
Anthony Jenkins