Re: r294070: KLD nvidia-modeset.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 09:59:32 +0100
Am Sat, 16 Jan 2016 09:42:34 +0100
Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com> schrieb:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 09:16:58 +0100
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > Am Sat, 16 Jan 2016 05:11:40 +0100
> > Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com> schrieb:

> > > Or build it without Linux support.
> > >
> > > Mine was built on October 17, 2015 and I'm running r294095 without
> > > a problem.
> > >

> > I did build without Linux, but Linuxulator  gets loaded now with the new driver for
> > nVidia boards (nividia-modeset.ko) automatically when loaded :-(
> >
> > I might be wrong, sinde I also load VBox modules, but I havn't had this issue before.
> >
> > Using proposal x11/nvidia-driver PR 201340.
> >

> Well, do you really need nvidia-modeset?  It isn't a prerequisite for
> installing the driver.  And my Linuxulator starts fine without it.
> I would simply delete it.

I need the new module since nVidia claims having put a lot of logic there. Without
console remains functional. Loading nvidia.ko only leads to that behaviour,
nvidia-modeset.ko reels in nvidia.ko and everything is fine again. As I refered to
PR  201340.

CURRENT clainms to have a new 64bit capable Linuxulator, but it should reveal itself as
linux64.ko - as I extracted from several posts. I persoanly do not need Linux ontop of
FreeBSD, neither 32bit nor 64bit, I have my Linux servers and desktops were FreeBSD isn't
capable or to clumsy (mostly moderate or modern graphical devices and scientific GPGPU
issues). So, I'd like to get rid of the linuxulator kernel module.