Re: r294248: boot stuck: EFI loader doesn't proceed

From: Steven Hartland <steven_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:41:24 +0000
On 18/01/2016 19:08, Ed Maste wrote:
> On 18 January 2016 at 03:10, Dimitry Andric <dim_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 18 Jan 2016, at 07:20, O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>> Building NanoBSD images booting off from USB Flash drives and having two GPT
>>> partitions, booting is stuck in the UEFI loader, presenting me with something
>>> like:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> Probing 6 block devices.....++. done
>>>
>>>   ZFS found no pools
>>>   UFS found 2 partitions
>>>
>>> And further nothing happens. A RESET is only possible by a hardreset - it seems
>>> the system is crashed/stuck/frozen or something similar.
>>>
>>> The last images working run r293654. The issue occurs with r294248.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions possible? Did I miss something?
>> Looks to me like fallout from the recent modularisation in r294060,
>> and/or ZFS support in r294068.  Steven, any clue?
> In QEMU boot1 failed for me with "Failed start image provided by UFS",
> and I can confirm that it's fixed by reverting those two commits.
I believe this is an issue with UFS caching code introduced by the UFS
modularisation.

Andrew fixed some of it but not all in r294291, I believe the lookup
results in try_load would still have been invalid.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4989 should fix the rest, as well as
resulting in much simpler flow IMO.

If you could try this that would be great.

     Regards
     Steve