Re: libcrypto.so.7 not found, needed (?) for X server

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 04:35:52 +0000
Thanks for helpful advice, too much to quote, and I am too tired anyway after a sleepless night and day, was up too late with the HP LaserJet printer.

It looks like I might have to rebuild all ports except for portmaster and pkg, already done; update perl to perl5.22, check the list of ports for desired deletions and additions.

pkg and "pkg check" seem to know nothing about required shared libraries in base system.

Everything was built under FreeBSD-head, though I have 10.2-STABLE in a separate partition, can use that for subversion; also some USB-stick installations of FreeBSD and NetBSD that include subversion.

Tom