Re: RCTL and VIMAGE for 11.0-RELEASE

From: Ernie Luzar <luzar722_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 14:41:30 +0800
Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>> On 24 Aug 2015, at 19:08 , Mark Felder <feld_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>
>> What is preventing RCTL from being enabled right now? Any known/serious
>> blockers?
>
> It’s enabled in GENERIC.
>

>> And the same for VIMAGE? I know there were issues with some firewalls,
>> but I'm not sure where that stands today. Does it degrade network
>> performance in a measurable way?
>
> Ignoring performance for a second, there is more than just firewalls that needs to be done.  I started writing a plan for the next 4 months
yesterday.  Most of this was done a few years ago and never made it to
HEAD.  It needs to be re-validated.  If my plan comes together we’ll
have another 4 month window before the 11 release cycle will start.

> /bz

It's been 5 months since the above was posted. What is the status of
VIMAGE as part of base in 11.0-RELEASE?