Unable to view Jpeg images...

From: Chris H <bsd-lists_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 12:27:05 -0800
Greetings,
 I just updated one of my -CURRENT boxes that was ~8 mos. out. I
(re)built the ports/packages locally, to reinstall/upgrade the box.
I *did* read the entry in UPDATING, regarding the switch from jpeg
to turbo-jpeg. But given the build process was somewhat automated,
I may have overlooked something. Having [perhaps unnecessarily]
added JPEG_PORT=graphics/jpeg-turbo to make.conf(5), and rebuild
all of my Image Viewers; they still return: Unsupported format:
image/jpeg, or similar. While I *can* view Jpeg's in the Gimp,
and my browser (firefox), I can *not* in anything else. Can
someone perhaps suggest what/where I should suspect/look?

Thanks!

--Chris