Re: thread-unsafety problems as spl*() ones are NOP

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:56:21 -0700
> On Jan 30, 2016, at 9:37 PM, mokhi <mokhi64_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> _at_imp So you think I should start to put locks there and see what happens? :)

I’d advocate a deeper understanding of the code. splXXX() is for code path
exclusion. Locks are for data protection. These are subtly different concepts
and may cause issues when you try to just blindly replace the splXXX with
a lock. You can start there, but you’ll still need to do code-path analysis to
see what the locks wind up protecting, and then see if there’s any access
to it outside of locked paths.

Warner