Re: FreeBSD-11.0-BETA1-amd64-disc1.iso is too big for my 700MB CD-r

From: Ruben Kerkhof <ruben_at_rubenkerkhof.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:41:06 +0200
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Steve Rikli <sr_at_genyosha.net> wrote:
> I haven't done it in a very long time (circa FreeBSD-6) but PXE installs
> were possible back then, so I'd hope that's still a possibility in 11.
>
> Are there mostly current docs for that routine these days?
>
> Cheers,
> sr.

This has become a bit harder recently, but it's not impossible.
You'll need an mfsroot for pxe installs. If I remember correctly it used to be
on the CD and possibly even on the ftp servers. This stopped being the case
somewhere after FreeBSD 9. You can still create it yourself, but it would be
great if the release process could churn it out again as one of the artifacts.

Kind regards,

Ruben