Re: FreeBSD-11.0-BETA1-amd64-disc1.iso is too big for my 700MB CD-r

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 23:13:56 +0000
With additional tweaks, I was able to get the CD to boot both with
a real internal CD-ROM drive, as well as USB CD-ROM.

I have uploaded a disc1.iso image here:

 https://people.freebsd.org/~gjb/disc1_uzip.iso

Could people try this on various hardware, KVM setups, and so on?  I'm
mainly interested if you get to the bsdinstall(8) screen, not issues not
directly related to using GEOM_UZIP to compress the image further.
(Meaning, I'm not asking for people to do installs from this image.)

The hashes are:
SHA512 (disc1_uzip.iso) =
560033cbc65932abb77ae85475f3a222fbdd8a35f99ac220f85028ede60a47305d62c5e8eab508bfb3f02f0d074a1dc3200f2a1e409408e34fa9808e800ad6df
SHA256 (disc1_uzip.iso) =
65edbc4ddca29af5f9f03f8a3026e06462f05400d70b79d4a8d0adf2ea875e33

I'll create the project branch shortly, and add the relevant bits
afterward.

Thank you.

Glen