Re: seldom crashes on Dell E6330 with 12-CURRENT

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:10:39 +0200
On Monday, 25 July 2016 17:11:23 CEST, Eric van Gyzen
<vangyzen_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> What file system are you using?

UFS; I followed the good instructions about new SSD disk configuration;
that's why I now have swap as plain file :-(

> Do a full fsck (or zfs scrub).

will do a full fsck;

> Try moving swap to a raw (freebsd-swap) partition so that you might get
> a kernel core dump.  That will be the essential next step.

ok, I will dump /usr to some external disk, shrink
the partition, creat swap and re-create /usr

> Without more details from a core dump or debugger, your best option is
> to try a release or an older build.  If that works, try to find the
> commit that introduced the behavior.  This will be very tedious and
> time-consuming for your scenario, so definitely try getting a core dump
> first.

the problem is as well: until now no further crashes had occured, i.e. it'
difficult to see if it works or not;

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone