Re: seldom crashes on Dell E6330 with 12-CURRENT

From: Mark Millard <markmi_at_dsl-only.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:02:52 -0700
> On 2016-Jul-26, at 1:41 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> I just got a new panic with drop to debugger after shutdown, all disks
> have synced correctly, only something to page-in from swap was causing
> the problem; I don't know how to get a screen-shoot from this, so I took
> a picture, it's here http://www.unixarea.de/panic.jpg
>
> Btw: how can the kernel read from a swapfile if the file system is
> already unmounted?

I've no clue how the kernel is supposed to make sure that it does not need to use swap content that late. The answers to your question are well outside my knowledge base. I do not remember getting such a result myself.

Hopefully someone else can help or use your report to analyze the issue. You may want to submit a problem report in bugzilla for what happened, describing the context that it happened in.

> 	matthias

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net