Re: Boot environments and zfs canmount=noauto

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 15:44:48 +0300
I also would like to add, just in case, that I never set a BE's
mountpoint to '/'.  I leave it at its default value like
/pond/ROOT/foobar.  When the BE is active it would be mounted at /
anyway.  And when it is not active and I want to access it for some
modifications, etc, then I can mount it simply with zfs mount and have
it at a non-interfering location.  Ditto for its subordinate datasets.

I am saying this, because it seems that that is not how the FreeBSD
installer ("zfsboot") configures the default BE that it creates.  I am
not sure what sysutils/beadm expects and configures in this regard.  I
use my own custom script for doing beadm-like things.

--
Andriy Gapon