Re: [CFT] ypldap testing against OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:22:02 -0700
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 05:17:19PM -0700, Chris H wrote:
> Honestly, I think the best way to motivate people to do the right thing(tm)
> Would be to remove Yellow Pages from the tree, entirely. :-)
> It's been dead for *years*, and as you say, isn't safe, anyway..

"Safe" for what, precisely?

It's a lookup service.  It is not limited to looking up authentication
information, and never has been.

And it's a mechanism that has been widely implemented.

The catchphrase "Tools, not policy" comes to mind.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.