Re: Kqueue races causing crashes

From: Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_nextbsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:34:59 -0700
 ---- On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:45:24 -0700 Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote ----
 > On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:39:42AM -0700, Matthew Macy wrote:
 > >

 > >             You can use dwarf4 if you use GDB from ports
 > How would it help ?

The following statement to a  native speaker would imply that GDB is the problem: "There is not much gdb info here; I'll try to rebuild kgdb."

If in fact %rip has been smashed that's a bit like saying "the light doesn't show anything on the table, I'll replace the light bulb" - when in fact there isn't anything on the table.

 > Problem for kgdb is that %rip is zero, due to function pointer being set
 > to NULL in a destroyed knlist.  Either version of kgdb would not find
 > neither code nor unwind annotations for zero address.
 >
 > But the issue is understood and

Yes. Since the initial e-mail.

> we are working on the version of fix.

I'm glad you're on it.