Re: panic with tcp timers

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 07:18:01 -0700
There's implications for RSS with how the callout system currently works.

If you don't know the RSS bucket ID of a connection in advance, you'll
create callouts on the wrong CPUs and then they're not migrated.

The initial work here did convert things over, but didn't place the
callouts in the right CPU/RSS bucket and there wasn't a mechanism to
fix this. :(

(But I'm also a firm believer of that too. I'd also finally just like
the callout system to not be tied to per-CPU queues, but also
per-RSS-bucket callout wheels so we could assign a CPU mask to a given
callout wheel and then migrating things around is just "change cpu
mask", not "change callout cpu id.")

-adrian