Re: 11.0-ALPHA4 and VIMAGE

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:05:01 +0000
Hi,

On 20 Jun 2016, at 15:37, Ernie Luzar wrote:

> Hello list;
>
> I have installed 11.0-ALPHA4-i386-20160617-r301975 to test VIMAGE.
> I have read previous list posts saying vimage was going to be part of
> the base system in 11.0.  When I configure a jail with vnet I get a
> error typical of vimage not being compiled into the kernel.
>
> To me it looks like vimage is not part of the base system in 11.0.
>
> What is the status of vimage in 11.0?

I am not sure anyone said that it would be in GENERIC for 11.0.

The plan is to have it more stable and leak a lot less memory possibly
and some bits made it in to HEAD over the last months already, another
patch for a top-down teardown is in the review system, and I am
currently working on fixing a lot of pf.

/bz