Re: Intel Atom I2C

From: Imre Vadasz <imre_at_vdsz.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:19:48 +0200
Hi,

On 07:05 Tue 21 Jun , Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> Hi Imre
>
> Thanks for the info! May I ask, isn't your system UEFI, same as mine? Last
> I tried DragonFly didn't support UEFI...

Yes, the HP x2 210 is UEFI only, but DragonFly *can* boot from UEFI :)
I did a port of FreeBSD's UEFI bootloader to DragonFly, which I commited
ca. 2 months ago, and I added basic support in the kernel for UEFI booting.
Only UEFI support in DragonFly's installer is still missing :(

> I also had hangs when probing certain I2C controller (maybe it was the
> 7th...)
>
> Perhaps using linuxkpi and the linux driver would be a good option for
> this. i915 uses I2C and it works with basically unmodified Intel source
> code. Or maybe I try to port your efforts later :)

It's not really an option here, to use the linux driver, since this I2c
bus has to integrate tightly with the operating-system for the ACPI
operation region handling, and the I2cSerialBus resource handling.