Re: console in 11.0-ALPHA4

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 12:14:19 -0700
P.S. Just if somebody is interested in fixing those "fast scrolling text
turns into garbage" display issues, here is some screenshots of one of my
11-alpha3 systems captured with a camera at 120fps. As you can see text
tears down quite badly. I am curious if it's some lack of proper ordering
of updates in the vt code itself or just some effect of CPU cache not being
disabled properly when accessing frame buffer. It might look like a minor
issue, but that what's our default console produces. I really think we can
do better than that in 2016. I don't have any VESA-capable system around to
verify that claim, but I am quite sure it was not the case with the old
sc(4) in the pixel mode.

https://postimg.org/image/3nz6rirdj/
https://postimg.org/image/fr4if32fr/
https://postimg.org/image/onfaj0t1z/