Re: Dropping some locales/encodings?

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 05:47:25 +0300
On 01.03.2016 2:23, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have updated few month ago the locales to cldr v27.0.1. I would like to
> simplify the generation of those locales from cldr to POSIX locales that we do
> provides.
>
> I can properly generate almost any of the said locales/encodings but a few that
> I would like to remove (provided that unicode version are available)
>
> Here is the list of locales/encodings:
>
> be_BY.CP1251

CP1251 is Windows native (single characters mode) and widely used to
represent Cyrillic: Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Belarusian
(i.e. be_BY), Macedonian. IMHO it will be better to not remove it to
make easy handling of native encoded texts comes from Windows.

Don't know about other mentioned.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/