Re: mounting CIFS share (tcp/445) with FreeBSD and mount_smbfs(8)

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 07:42:06 +0100
On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:49:40 +0300
"Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru> wrote:

> On 02.03.16 17:29, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > My interpretation of the above errors are: FreeBSD is incapable to handle
> > CIFS over tcp/445. The above URL/site claims to have solved the problem,
> > but it seems not true for CURRENT.
>
> Did you try some FUSE CIFS implementations?

FUSE and its sibblings doesn't get attention, since it is something additional
from ports. We have for the project security considerations and my intention is
to perform that task with most FreeBSD-only software. But thanks anyway - I
didn't have that project in mind so far, only SAMBA 4.3, misused as a client ...