sdhci_pci.ko fails to load

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 22:14:41 +0100
Hi,

I've just noticed a regression.

I have been using mmc.ko, mmcsd.ko and sdhci.ko to use the integrated
SSD card reader on my laptop.

I have actively used it during a trip at the start of December, so I'm
sure it did work as expected then with a kernel from the end of November.

Today with rr296993 I noticed it was not working, the device was not
being attached by the kernel.

doing "kldload sdhci_pci" retirns this error:

link_elf_obj: symbol mmc_driver undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

I tried with the modules mentioned above already loaded.

Compiling a kernel with the devices statically linked in works as expected.

Is this some kind of regression?

--
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>