Re: Need some help with ports and rebuilding the world

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:16:16 +0200
On 29 Mar 2016, at 15:53, Aleksander Alekseev <mail_at_eax.me> wrote:

>> For some reason, your build does not pick up the __alloc_size defines
>> from sys/cdefs.h.  You will have to figure out which cdefs.h your
>> build is including, and check whether that is in sync with the rest
>> of your source tree.
>
> I removed CC, CXX and CPP lines from /etc/make.conf and it solved a
> problem. Still it's weird since cc (used now) and clang (explicitly
> specified before) supposed to be the same compiler:
>
> $ clang --version
> FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
> Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.2
> Thread model: posix
>
> $ cc --version
> FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
> Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.2
> Thread model: posix
>
> In fact cc and clang look like a hardlink to the same file. Any ideas
> why one is capable of building the world and second is not?

It should not make any difference, at least on my systems it does not.
From what I saw from in other post, you specified the full path to clang
in CC, which you should not do for a regular buildworld.

The first stages of buildworld build a copy of clang under /usr/obj, and
the later stages use that, but specifying a full path the compiler
defeats this mechanism.

Note that Bryan Drewery is working on making this better, but for now,
just don't use full paths for CC, CXX and CPP in make.conf.

-Dimitry