Re: wired memory leak at r298785

From: Steve Wills <swills_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 20:55:58 -0400
Hi,

On 05/ 2/16 09:32 AM, Steve Wills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just did my monthly update and r298785 seems to be leaking wired memory
> rather rapidly. My system has 8gb of RAM and the amount of wired memory
> just goes up and up continuously. It takes about 12 hours before it
> exhausts all the RAM and sort of locks up (though shutdown still works).
>
> I also made one other change to the system at the same time as updating,
> which was to add another disk and configure it using ZFS. Perhaps this
> is a ZFS on PowerPC64 issue? My amd64 box running the same rev of
> CURRENT doesn't have the issue.

I've rebooted the box and started repeatedly logging the output of
vmstat -m. It seems to show CAM CCB using a lot of memory and growing
rather rapidly. For example, here's a few lines of diff output:

- CAM CCB 91418 182836K - 187149 2048
+ CAM CCB 447070 894140K - 900292 2048

from two samples that are 60 minutes apart.

The box is isn't terribly busy, it's just running the monitoring daemons
running (snmpd, collectd), whatever web requests are hitting it (very
few if any), this logging process, and my shell, etc.

Could this be related to recent changes in CURRENT?

Copying Scott and Warner in case they have comments on this since I'm
told they have been active in this area recently.

Thanks,
Steve