Re: r298143: something wrong with autofs?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 18:49:50 +0200
Am Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:39:44 +0200
Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa <trasz_at_FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 0417T1057, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >
> > Running FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #32 r298143: Sun Apr 17 09:48:26 CEST 2016  amd64, on
> > both server and client, reveals today that AUTOFS seems not to work. Did something
> > changed unnoticed?
> >
> > I realized, that no exported filesystem is bound so far. On the server's side, all
>
> "Bound"?

... means: the cleint does not mount/bind the NFS exported filesystem anymore.

> > daemons necessary are configured as they were before in a working state and as I can
> > see so far, they are up and running and also listening to their sockets/IPs.
>
> Could you describe in more detail what are you seeing?  Also, the usual autofs
> debugging technique ("pkill automountd && while :; do automountd -d; done") might
> sched some light.

Well, I see nothing! That is my problem. I setup several NFSv4 exported filesystems which
were mounted on demand via autofs - that workd. Since I do not use/need those filesystems
on a dailt basis, I realized too late that in the meanwhile those filesystems are not
present on the client (autofs) anymore. I'm not aware of having changed anything in the
configuration and I didn't receive any heads-ups that essential changes had been made.