WARNING: [r299313] make installworld overwrites master.passwd and group!

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 07:15:57 +0200
On a most recent buildworld with make installworld/installkernel I faced the
fact that all the entries in /etc/master.passwd and /etc/group were reset to
the initial/vanilla values. Luckily, I was able to fetch backups
from /var/backups.

I do not know which essential config files additionally got altered or reset to
the initial values.

This bug is present on all systems I maintain and I ran into this problem on
approx ten boxes this morning.

What is up here?

Kind regards,

oh