Re: svn commit: r297435 - head: still problems for stage 3 when gcc 4.2.1 is avoided (powerpc64 self-hosted build)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 12:03:19 -0700
[snip]

hi,

please don't patch the ports compiler assumptions about things like
this. We should be targeting external toolchains on OSes (eg macosx)
where it may already generate freebsd binaries and as such we should
be calling the compiler/linker with all the flags it needs.

Having a patched compiler default for mips made things way, way harder
than it needed to be.

-adrian