Re: Fwd: Re: how to reduce the size of /usr/share/i18n data?

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

> So I am to take it that no-one has any idea how this stuff works and
> how to stub it out?

I would be rather tempted to rm -r /usr/share/i18n and see what
fails.  Anything that fails should be patched to deal with the
fact locale date is missing.

Then the stub out would be a simple mater of making
src/share/i18n a SUBDIR += in the src/share Makefile
inside an .ifdef WITH_LOCALE or WITH_I18N.

Further stubbing out should be pursued if we want to get back
some of our embeded-friendly needs by making all of the locale
related code conditionally compiled during a make world.

Depressing fact:  The i18n directory alone is larger than
a full 386BSD 0.1+sources+patchkit install.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org