Re: was: CURRENT [r308087] still crashing: Backtrace provided

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 18:45:09 +0100
Am Sun, 30 Oct 2016 11:25:09 -0700
Mark Johnston <markj_at_FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 06:55:00PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > Am Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:39:34 -0700
> > Mark Johnston <markj_at_FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> > > Besides examining the state contained in the vmcore? Not really.
> >
> > Juts not to misunderstand you (I'm not familiar with debugging!): I can investigate
> > the saved corefiles (vmcore.X) with kgdb? My first attempts failed by simply refering
> > via option -n 0 to the specific vmcore.0 and typing the commands as requested above -
> > the output looked like an error to me.
>
> Oh, sorry. Indeed, you should be able to execute
>
> # kgdb $(sysctl kern.bootfile) vmcore.0
>
> to open the core with kgdb.
>

> > > Based on the stack trace and affected range of revisions, it may be that
> > > reverting r307887 or r307234 helps, but I have no specific evidence for
> > > this without the requested output.
> >
> > I had the crashing also with > r307300 until now, so that leaves me with r307233 ... I
> > will go further with that revision and report so far.
>
> Hm, I don't see why this excludes r307887? In any case, r307234 looks to
> be the more likely culprit.

Here I'm again.

This time, it was r308329 or r308331. WITHOUT the debug stuff compiled into the kernel,
it took approximately 5 minutes to provoke the crash. WITH the debug options set, it
took more than 45 minutes to let the system dump the core. I really hope this time we
can fix the problem, this moment, I have put the system back to r307233 to see whether
3072034 is causing the crash as you suspect.

Attached, you'll find the backtrace report as last time. I had to type in "dump" blindly
on the system as a dark screen or a stuck X11 screen blocked the console (I use vt() and
nVidia BLOB with my nVidia GPUs - and this is still broken on FBSD).

Please let me know how I can assist further. I saved both the core AND this time the
culprit kernel.

Kind regards,

Oliver