Re: [RFC] remove GNU rcs from FreeBSD 12

From: Eivind Nicolay Evensen <eivinde_at_terraplane.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 16:45:29 +0100
On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 08:19:15PM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 10:17:23AM +0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > why should we remove it?
>
> IIUC the plan for several years has been to remove all GPLed software
> from base.
>
> But in any case the conversation is moot.  It was removed from head
> on 20161015 by bapt:
>
>   https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=307351

It already being removed doesn't make me, and most likely nobody else
who also wanted it to stay, want it in base any less. Thanks though
for the headsup for us that doesn't use current.

> UPDATING contains notes about how to install it on your system.

Thanks for the tip, though I'll rather keep it in my own tree,
like I did with cvs when that was taken away.

--
Eivind