Re: Skylake/HD graphics support

From: Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:03:20 -0700 (MST)
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, Daniel Campos do Nascimento wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First time posting on a mailing list...
>
> I currently have 11.0-STABLE installed on my laptop which has a Core
> i7-6500U. I can't get Xorg-server to work neither with xf86-driver-intel,
> nor with i915kms driver; I'm falling back on the scfb driver. I would like
> to know how the situation is with 12.0-CURRENT regarding graphics?

TrueOS.org is FreeBSD-current (yes, a rolling release) plus the latest
video driver work that is not in -current plus some other things like
LibreSSL.  It worked on a Core M Broadwell tablet, but I have not really
tested it thoroughly.  It is supports Skylake, but my only Skylake
machine has a Radeon board and is running plain -current.

This was formerly called PC-BSD, but it has changed name and design
lately.