Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Michael Gmelin <grembo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 11:46:35 +0200
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 01:04:10 +0300
Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 03/10/2016 23:25, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 19:41:17 +0300
> > Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >> Hmm, seems like forgot to declare the iicbus module dependency.
> >> Could you please kldload iicbus and see if that helps?
> >> Meanwhile I'll add the dependency.
> >
> > Unfortunately this doesn't help, you should be able to reproduce it
> > yourself without access to the actual hardware though.
> >
> > I worked around this by adding the iicbus dependency to ig4_pci.c
> > (and also to "files").
>
> Okay, this should be in the latest patch anyway.

Based on what you wrote, I wasn't aware that there was a new patch. I
downloaded the latest version from the same URL as your first one and
built a new kernel.

> > Now loading ig4 works and both lynx point controllers are detected.
> > devices. Also, devinfo shows both controllers (ig4iic0, ig4iic1),
> > but no iicbus devices.
> >
> > # devinfo | grep iic
> > ig4iic0
> > ig4iic1
>
> Is there anything interesting from from ig4 in the log / dmesg?
> Could you please check that your copy of the patch contains this
> chunk? _at__at_ -549,7 +780,7 _at__at_ ig4iic_attach(ig4iic_softc_t *sc)
>                   IG4_CTL_RESTARTEN |
>                   IG4_CTL_SPEED_STD);
>
> -       sc->smb = device_add_child(sc->dev, "smbus", -1);
> +       sc->smb = device_add_child(sc->dev, "iicbus", -1);
>         if (sc->smb == NULL) {
>                 device_printf(sc->dev, "smbus driver not found\n");
>                 error = ENXIO;

That code was in there, yes.

iicbus(0|1) actually show up in devinfo -v, but nothing else works.

You can find a log file and various outputs (dmesg, devinfo etc) here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~grembo/c720-20161104.log

-m

--
Michael Gmelin