Re: FreeBSD 11.0 i386 buildworld failure

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 10:36:15 -0700
On Monday, October 03, 2016 10:47:26 PM Robert_Burmeister wrote:
> Robert_Burmeister wrote
> > FreeBSD 11.0 i386 Stable
> >
> > I successfully upgraded from FreeBSD 10.3 to 11.0 Stable on 23 September
> > 2016.
> > Upon refreshing and rebuilding world to catch the 28 September 2016
> > Release update,
> > buildworld failed using the same build options that had worked for the 22
> > Sept code.
>
> Refreshed source to FreeBSD 11 Stable revision 306664 as of Oct 3rd
> and tried buildworld with a FreeBSD 10.3 backup kernel
> with the same result.
>
> Has anyone been able to bootstrap FreeBSD 11.0 i386?

It seems like your build is using the host headers during the build instead
of the staged headers (both errors were indicative of that).  I would check
your clock via ntpdate or the like in case that is confusing make into
not installing the headers.  Also, a build with an empty /usr/obj would be
the next thing to try.

--
John Baldwin