Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 06:47:32 +0200
El día Wednesday, October 05, 2016 a las 04:01:25PM +0300, Andriy Gapon escribió:

> On 05/10/2016 14:19, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> >
> > ig4iic_start is called, but iicbus_hinted_child, isl_probe, iicbus_probe and
> > iicbus_attach are not.
>
> Thank you!
> Now I think I see where I made a silly mistake.
> Please try an updated version of the patch from here
> https://people.freebsd.org/~avg/ig4-i2c.v3.diff
> It contains a fix and some cosmetic changes on top of the previous patch.

Hi Andriy,

I have an Acer C720 too, since around two years and it works fine,
thanks to Michael, with the cyapa chip. I have my C720 in daily heavy
usage, actually with r292778. Should I apply the above patch or do I
need to update before to a more recent CURRENT? I have a second C720
where I could do such test/update more easy, but this is current not in
my hands and has, after a repair at Acer, a Elan touch pad.
But I could prepare an USB key with 12-CURRENT, just for test.

Btw: What is the reason for this change of ig4/i2c/cyapa driver?

Last thing: I propose to remove freebsd-mobile_at_ from the thread.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru_at_unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045