Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 09:49:36 +0300
On 09/10/2016 09:36, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Saturday, October 08, 2016 a las 10:17:07PM +0300, Andriy Gapon escribió:
>
>> On 08/10/2016 21:07, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>>> I have now produced a memstick with (unpatched) r306769 of October 6. It boots
>>> fine in my Acer C720 Chromebook and the moused is working fine with the
>>> cyapa(4) driver. I will apply tomorrow the above v4 patch or is there
>>> anything newer? And will test/report.
>>
>> v4 is the latest.  Thanks!
>
> The patch applies cleanly, the 'make buildkernel' does fine and system
> boots, but cyapa(4) can not bring the device out of bootstrap. The verbose dmesg
> is here http://www.unixarea.de/dmesg-00.txt
>
> And yes, I have in /boot/device.hints:

Well, comparing the hints and the boot message, you have exactly the problem
that I feared many people would have until we add auto-probing to isl and cyapa.

Basically it's easy to connect the dots once you know what they are.  You hint
that isl and cyapa should be on iicbus0 or iicbus1.  But iicbus0 is connected to
iicbb0 which is intel_iicbb0 on drmn0, which is a video card.  That is clearly
wrong.  And a similar thing with iicbus1: <Philips I2C bus> on intel_gmbus0.
But later you have:
iicbus14: <Philips I2C bus> on ig4iic0
iicbus15: <Philips I2C bus> on ig4iic1
So, in your case, and with that probing order (hopefully it not changes from
boot to boot), you should use those two buses to look for isl and cyapa.

Examining output of devinfo -v -r should be even easier than going through dmesg.
Hope this helps.

--
Andriy Gapon