Re: [request for testing] isl, cyapa on chromebooks

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:45:14 +0300
On 12/10/2016 09:21, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 12/10/2016 07:03, Warner Losh wrote:
>> I think I can do the device table mechanism if Andriy isn't up for it.
>
> That would be great, thank you!

Meanwhile, I've added a "stop-gap" version of 'chromebook_platform' driver here:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D8172
A full patch can be downloaded from the review request.

Could you please test if it works?

All hints should be removed and the new module should be loaded in addition to
other modules.  It should not matter in which order the modules are loaded.
Could you please test if loading chromebook_platform before and after isl and
cyapa works the same?
It's required to either reboot or reload iicbus between the tests, so that
previously added devices are not re-used.

Thanks!

P.S.
Not sure if the name is good, it's certainly verbose.
--
Andriy Gapon