Re: SM bus ioctls incorrect in FreeBSD 11

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:30:36 +0300
On 14/10/2016 18:11, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> For some history on these changes, please see also [1] and [2] (there
> were a few discussions and the revision was bumped, I also tried to
> get some attention, but not enough it seems).
>
> Given your recent changes to iicbus in HEAD, I think it would be best to
> MFC those and go with Option 4 or, if that's to drastic, go with
> Option 1.

I am leaning towards this approach as well.

> Thanks for cleaning after me.

You asked for a discussion and reviews.
I can not recall what I was doing at that time, but I completely ignored the
development and for that I can only blame myself.

> [1]https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2015-March/016972.html
> [2]https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2015-May/017157.html

I also agree that having a thin library on top of the ioctl would be a convenience.

--
Andriy Gapon