Re: CURRENT [r307305]: Crashing ZFS related?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:13:21 +0200
Am Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:22:42 +0200
"O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> schrieb:

> Am Fri, 14 Oct 2016 10:48:33 +0200
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> schrieb:
>
> > Systems I updated to recent CURRENT start crashing spontaneously.
> >
> > recent crashing system is on
> > 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #11 r307305: Fri Oct 14 08:37:59 CEST 2016
> >
> > other (no access since it is remote and not accessible until later the day) has
> > been updated ~ 12 hours ago and it is alos rebooting/crashing without any
> > warnings. Can be triggered on heavy load.
> >
> > Only system with r307263 and stable so far is an older two-socket XEON
> > Core2Duao based machine, all crashing boxes have CPUs newer or equal than
> > IvyBridge.
> >
> > Does anyone also see these crashes? I tried to compile a debug kernel on one
> > host, but that's the remote machine I have access to later, it failed compiling
> > the kernel - under load it crashed often. After ZFS scrubbing kickied in, it
> > vanished from the net ;-/
> >
> > kind regards,
> > oh
>
> Still 307341 is crashing undpredicted ( FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #5 r307341: Sat Oct 15
> 09:36:16 CEST 2016).
>
> I'm back to r307157, which seems to be "stable".

Seems, I'm the only one at the moment having those problems :-(

I now have a laptop avalable and start putting debugging options into the kernel. But the
laptop, so far, doesn't expose the problems of crashes  described above. The laptop is
the only system so far without ZFS!

The most frequent crashing box is a CURRENT server with the largest ZFS volume. When on
most recent CURRENT (>r307157, see above), starting a scrubbing on a RAIDZ volume with ~
12 TB brutto size AND running a poudriere job, triggers the crash every 1 - 18 minutes.
Another box with only /home as ZFS volume on a dedicated hdd crashes after minutes or
hours. A laptop, also CURRENT (now at r307349) without ZFS is working stable as long as I
do not pull the LAN wire (a problem I described also in the list, I try to capture the
screen when crashing right now).