Re: was: CURRENT [r307305]: r307823 still crashing

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016, O. Hartmann wrote:

> How can I track a memory leak?

I think I did not read enough of the context, but vmstat and top can track
memory usage as a general thing.

> How can I write to disk the backtrace given by the debugger when
> crashing? My box I can freely test is using the nVidia BLOB and vt(), so
> I can not see the backtrace. I got a very bad screenshot on one of my
> laptops, but its so ugly/unreadable, I think it is unsuable to be
> presented within this list at a reasonable size (200 kB max ist too
> small).

The backtrace should be part of the crash dump that is written to the
(directly connected, non-encrypted, non-USB) swap device.  "call doadump"
at the debugger prompt (even typing blind) is supposed to make sure
there's a dump taken.

With respect to the screenshot, you should be able to post the image on an
external site and send a link to the list, at least.

-Ben