Re: [CFT] New version of webcamd, now v4.8.0.2

From: Sergey Manucharian <sm_at_ara-ler.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:12:33 -0600
Excerpts from Hans Petter Selasky's message from Fri 19-Aug-16 15:01:

> If you are using webcamd, please help test the latest version which includes
> the most recent Linux v4.8-rc1 media tree sources.
>
> The latest webcamd port is available from here:
>
> svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
>       checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/ports/multimedia/webcamd
>
> Please test and report any regression issues to me or
> freebsd-multimedia_at_freebsd.org
>
> Changes:
> - updated all Linux kernel sources to the latest Linux' Torvalds
> - fixed some minor bugs in the webcamd Linux kernel emulation
> - improved Linux kernel emulation support
> - added support for the coming evdev kernel module (GSOC project)

Hi Hans,

I've build 4.8.0.4 and found that with HAL enabled it does not create
/dev/video0 when launched as daemon, but does create when run manually.

I do not need HAL, it was enabled by default, so I recompiled it without
HAL and it works fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Sergey