Re: APU2C4 information (was Re: 11.0-RC2 and 12-CURRENT won't boot on apu2c4)

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:36:37 +0200
Am Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:25:17 +0200
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net> schrieb:

> On 09/03/16 15:11, O. Hartmann wrote:

> >> The default console speed of the apu2 is 115200, the one from FreeBSD isn't.
> >> Without the above setting you have to use 115200 first to see the BIOS output
> >> and than change the speed to whatever FreeBSD uses as its default. Using
> >> the above settings you can use the same speed for both.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >> Michael

> > I do not want to "kidnap/threadnap" the thread, but I have a question: My APU 2C4 is
> > underway and I'm curious about whether it would boot via UEFI or not?
>
> I don't think it has UEFI support. These boards come with a traditional
> old style BIOS.

All right. It is coreboot, if not mistaken and I read something about a UEFI support
there, but forgot whether this is futural agenda or real by now.

> > I also ordered mine with a Atheros AR9882 based WiFi card and I'm also curious about
> > whether this chip is working with 12-CURRENT or not. The AR9880, more powerful and
> > newer, seems also available for this APU, but it is more expensive and I didn't took
> > the risc ...

I checked the WiFi webpage at FreeBSD.org and these specific adapters are not mentioned
there. The support of AP capable WiFi adapters is rather limited (to Atheros types), on
Linux, more adapters seem to provide the AP functionality. Therefore, my question.

> I don't know this device. Atheros cards have very good support in
> general through the ath(4) driver, if you know the PCI ID of the device
> you can check in the sources if it's known.

I'll check and report back ;-)

Thank you very much.

Oliver