Re: Regression with revision 303970 (was kern.proc.pathname failure while booting from zfs)

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 16:11:39 +0300
On 04/09/2016 11:24, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> On 27/08/2016 22:09, Frederic Chardon wrote:
>>> Anybody is able to reproduce this behavior or is it a local problem?
>> Reverting 303970 solves this issue. gcore and adb works again, and I
>> can start the vboxnet service.
>> I recreated my boot pool with no properties defined, just to be sure.
>
> I can not reproduce this issue here.

I was not trying hard enough.  I've just reproduced the problem using a
non-default normalization property.  The issue is that 303970 disabled the use
of VFS name cache when any name "mangling" (normalization, case-insensitivity)
is enabled.  And apparently I misunderstood how vop_stdvptocnp() works.  So,
right now zfs_vptocnp() is broken when its argument is a non-directory vnode.
That fact is masked when the name cache is used and is exposed otherwise.

I will think about a fix.  Could you please file a bug report for this (if not
already)?
Sorry about the breakage.

--
Andriy Gapon