11.0-RC2 suspend/resume on thinkpad x201 kills poweroff

From: Philip Homburg <pch-fbsd-1_at_u-1.phicoh.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 00:48:28 +0200
Hi,

I found out that playing with suspend/resume (using acpiconf -s 3) on a
thinkpad x201 running 11.0-RC2 changes something in CMOS that prevents
poweroff from working.

I managed to trigger the problem om two x201 laptops (though from the
a single 11.0-RC2 installation).

Opening up the laptops to clear the CMOS solved the problem.

If I can find some time, I'll try to see if there is an interaction with
for example the wifi driver.

When in this state, it also prevents suspend or poweroff from Linux (I tried
a Ubuntu live CD).